Re: Iris Chatter - BIO

From: Sey12@aol.com

In a message dated 9/20/98 10:20:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
thelockmans@tntie.com writes:

>  Welcome, Suzanne, You can get all the iris you named here in the USA.
>  Schreiner's Iris Lover,s Catalog pictures irises in full color, toll free
>  number is 1-800-525-2367. I have had good luck with them. Cooleys is
>  another, P.O. Box 126, Silverton, Or 97381. I have their catalog which is
>  lovely but have not ordered from them. Their toll free number
>  is1-800-225-5391. Happy Irising!

***Thanks for all the information - I will call to get the catalogs.  Btw,
when I paid $3.50 each (at a local nursery) for my dormant Irises last week,
was that expensive?  I'm just wondering how much quality Irises are in the
catalogs?  Only time I ever looked at them in a catalog was from the Michigan
Blub (no that is not a typo!) Co. and I decided against ordering from them
based on the quality of the bulbs and plants I had ordered from them
previously.

 I am a rose lover too. I only have 60 at
>  the present but we are still adding to that.

***good for you!!!  If I lived in your climate, I would probably have over 500
roses instead of a measly 160 or so.

>  Donna Lockman
>  zone 7 N C

Suzanne