Re: Iris Chatter - BIO

From: HIPSource@aol.com

<< I am a bit confused as how to this group works - I don't know anything
 mailing lists and such - newsgroups are what I am familar with.  If I am
 something wrong here by replying to each of you individually, I sure hope
 someone will let me know!!!  I feel bad about clogging everyone's mailbox up
 with all my newbie stuff!!!  So, please flame me at your leisure - I am quite
 used to that from the newsgroups, so I shall feel right at home. <G> >>

Welcome, Suzanne.

One way this mailing list differs from some newsgroups, including rec.gardens.
roses, with which I am familiar and which I have visited in the last week, is
that new members are always sincerely welcome, no one is a big cheese, no
flaming, antagonistic language, or personal remarks are ever tolerated, and we
do not  discuss politics, religion, or sports. This is a very cordial
environment and what we loose in spontaneity and candor we make up for in
civility and the cultivation of an atmosphere of mutual respect and affection.

Anner Whitehead