Re: REF: THE GARDENER'S IRIS BOOK

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

>From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com
>
>Suzanne -
> I bought this book at Barnes & Noble. I'm sure you can probably get it thru
>their web site as well as Amazon.com  It was $25 and B&N offers a 10% discount
>on all hard back books.

You can get a 20% discount from Taunton direct by signing up for Taunton
Plus (no charge).  Visit their website at http://www.taunton.com.

> The thing that pleased me the most about it is that it is so easy to read and
>understand. I have recently purchased several Iris books because I wanted to
>learn more about the cross breeding process. Basically, all I really wanted to
>know was how to do it. I didn't want a science lesson about genes and
>chromasomes!! I don't intend to breed Iris on a commercial basis. This book
>was exactly what I needed.
> I have about 8 Iris books and this is now the only one I refer to. (Thanks
>Bill!!)

Thank YOU, Joni for those kind words.  I'm very pleased so far by the
reception the book has gotten from iris folks.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(804)223-6172
FAX (804)223-6374
email<bills@hsc.edu>

Best book title this week: TREADMILL TO OBLIVION, the autobiography of
radio comedian Fred Allen.