Iris Haven season starting

Greetings from the Land of Oz and Iris!

I am pleased to advise that our bloom season has now started and we have an interesting assortment of
things gracing the family room at present.  Nothing to write home about really, so I'll write to you instead.  All are La's.

One spike of a cross PRIX D'ELEGANCE X ELAINE'S WEDDING  is a muddy rose and muddy mulberry bitone.  It has retained EW's petite form, but has also picked up the "folded petal" on the falls too.  The spike has three branches though and the substance is good.  Might get another year...   Bernard refers to these tonings as the "blurck colours".  He is not a lover of muddy "anythings" and rose is his least favourite toning in muddy options.  His
other pet hate is blotched things, so at least this one is bright, even if a bit on the muddy side.

Another one is a bicolour in the tonings of HONEY STAR.  Standards are butter yellow and the falls are that "VALERA" kind of beigy-honey-nougat colour.  Nothing too starting.....   Still, the season is away, and that is
the most exciting thing.  We had record rains this winter and the garden is taller than in previous years, but also appears to be about two weeks later in bloom sequence too.

A lone spike of NEVER SAY has also been picked to enjoy.  This is one of John T's that I have used quite a lot in the the last few seasons and is usually early in our garden.

Cheers for now.  Heather Pryor  irishaven@pip.com.au