Re: OT No Rain!?! HA! Winner Announced

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Kathy Poore wrote:
>I even got suited up with my own "City slicker" today since it was
>pouring so hard when I left.  It's that kind of bright yellow rubber
raincoat I've wanted my whole life ....
Sounds like a great name for a bright yellow iris! It sounds like you're
getting exactly the same weather as us here in Australia. We're hoping
for rain as solid as this for a few more days to fill all the water
storages. Then I hope it will dry up so I can do some pollenating.
>winning entry will appear in the 365 Kittens a Year Picture-A-Day
Calender for 1999.
Congratulations, and this is a calander I buy every year Kathy. I'm sure
others on this list will too, as there seem to be an extraordinary
number of cat lovers. I hope there are irises in the background!
BTW, I saw, in a friends garden, just what damage cats can do to irises
when they play tiger in the jungle. I guess I've been lucky so far. My 3
cats have not caused so much as a bent leaf!
The wind hasn't been so kind, and 'pruned' the bloom stalk off WITCHING
last night for me.
Cheers, Jan Clark, Victoria, Australia