Re: HYB: LA Germination

From: HIPSource@aol.com

<< From my experience, La. seed is best used fresh.  The germiantion rate is
 >never startling anyway, so fresh seed gives you the best advantage. >>

According to the findings of Deno, supported by my own experience, the seeds
of water irises either require or respond very positively to light during
germination. Break apart the corky coating and sow them on the surface of the
soil or medium so that light can reach them. Keep them warm and moist but not
wet. I have had no problems germinating any with this method.

For more on Norm Deno and the germination of species seeds, see the Iris-l
Archives at http://www.mallorn.com/lists/iris-l/

Anner Whitehead