Re: japanese iris

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

>From:         john walker <NEJWW@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu>
>hello folks, i am wondering if there is anyone that can tell me about
>a japanese iris that i have ordered from aitkens. it has no
>hybridizer and no year. the name of the iris akebono, any help would
>be appreciated..john walker zone 8b/9a starke florida..

	The JI checklist about AKEBONO (which means Daybreak, BTW) was
	introduced prior to 1980 and the hybridizer is unknown. The
	Society for Japanese Irises registered it in 1994. It sounds
	lovely : pink, darker at edge;yellow signal; white styles,
	pink crests.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3