Re: HYBRIDIZING - Help me Bill Shear or somebody!!!

From: Amy Moseley Rupp <amy@ece.utexas.edu>

> We also "bung" scones and cakes in the oven, "bung" a letter in the mail
> box, "bung" the groceries into the checkout-chic's plastic carry bag (or is
> the ladies who bung them first, and we re-bung them with a little more
> care?") and finally we "bung" meat into the microwave.
>
> As you can now appreciate, the care expended is not commensurate with the
> result.  Neat word, isn't it?

Ok, this equates to "pop in the oven" or "slam in the oven" ... but that
implies that you effortlessly placed the thing in the oven and does not
address all the preparations that had to go on *before* the "pop in the
oven."  There is a brand of canned bread dough (refrigerated) called
"Poppin' Fresh Dough" (Trademark by Pillsbury).  I think the Poppin'
comes from the fact the can pops open from the force of the dough once a
pressure point is pushed, and that you can have fresh dough you can
miraculously pop in (poppin') the oven and have "fresh" bread or rolls.

"Bung" here is usually equated with "bunghole" which while technically
means a hole in a barrel, means something rather anatomically delicate
to discuss in a public forum.

To iris -- got one order in today, one TB order outstanding but
ocnfirmed, and never got the LA's I ordered from Ghio's.  Hmm... and
no note of explanation.  Haven't heard a thing from Lone Star Iris.

Heather, since you are a featured hybridizer in the Lone Star catalog,
can you tell me which of your babies (or others, if you can be impartial
;-)) you like the best?

--Amy