Re: HYBRIDIZING - Help me Bill Shear or somebody!!!

From: Amy Moseley Rupp <amy@ece.utexas.edu>

> Thank you for enlightening me on the northern hemisphere understanding of
> "bung".  I will do my best to not use it in iris-talk chat dialogues as
> appreciate that the word may be understood in a rather indelicate manner.
> These cross-cultural things can cause unnecessary embarrasment for all
> concerned.

It may not apply to the entire hemisphere, but it certainly is in use in
Texas which of course we Texans *think* is the entire hemisphere.  :-)
We have a bad rap as thinking we have the best of everything... when in
fact Texas just inspires many of us with an unspeakable sense of
belonging to a place and a people.

Anyhoo, if you rotate the "d" 180 degrees along its vertical axis you can
see that "dung in the oven" would not make for a great dinner!

> In relation to the Lone Star releases, I must admit that I would have
> difficulties in chosing a favourite from them.  I don't know what your
> colour preferences are for your garden, etc. and would not like to recommend
> something that may not be to your taste.

OK, I like loud riotous colour and combinations of two or three colours
on one flower though mysteriously enough I do love some selfs!

> highest quality.  May I suggest that you have a glance through our web site
> http://www.pip.com.au/~irishaven  and if you find something there which
> takes your fancy I will be more than happy to provide you with further

I will visit posthaste.