OT:CHAT: Clasrifying the language barrier

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Amy wrote:
>>> We also "bung" scones and cakes in the oven, "bung" a letter in the
mail box,....etc.
Now I think both Heather and Amy are confusing the British and Aussie
slang here.
Bung (brit slang) means to throw.
Bung (Ausslang) means broken, dead, etc. as in "Sorry Darl', you can't
watch the Kwalalumper games, the Telly's bung"
I suspect Heathers use of the word comes more closely in line with the
Aussie meaning, hence the lack of germination of many of her 'bunged'
seeds.
I'd love to go on with this conversation, but the kids are hungry. I'll
just bung some snags on to cook, fry up a few greasies and chuck a salad
together. They can whack on a bit of dead horse and she'll be jake!
Cheers, Jan Clark