Re: Catalog with pictures?

From: Irisborer@aol.com

<<  Could anyone suggest which grower has the best catalog with the most
 pictures of iris blooms? I enjoy these so much, and don't mind paying
 $5-10, or placing an iris order with them. Thanks in advance. >>

Mara..... five excellent color catalogs come to mind:

1.  Schreiners - ($5) TBs - 3629 Quinaby Rd., Salem, OR  97303
2.  Cooley's - TB's ($3) 11553 Silverton Rd., NE, Silverton, OR  97381
3.  Maryott's - ($5) PO Box 55, Freedom, CA  95019-0055
4.  Aitkens - talls and medians, japanese iris - $2 (?)
    Aitkens Salmon Creek Garden, 608 NW 119th St., Vancouver, WA  98685
5.  Ensata - Japanese iris, some siberians - ($2) 9823 E. Michigan Ave.,
Galesburg, MI  49053

The Schreiner catalog is probably the standard.  The Maryott catalog the
newest of the big color catalogs and a real treat.

And, BTW - I'm using prices from out of a '96 Bulletin I have here at work, so
there may be increases.  Check the AIS webpage to be sure.

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY