From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Yes, we have had frost(s) here but I rescued the two stalks
	of IMMORTALITY and whisked them into the house for safe haven.

	One unfurled today and looks and smells luscious....when it
	bloomed at June 16th (the last TB to bloom here this year), I
	noted that the colored bud appeared to be a very pale bluish
	color. I call it ice-blue..snow appears that way at times in
	the bright sun.

	Since it was in the house for the reblooming period, I had more
	time to study it - the bud(s) definitely favor pale blue. However,
	when I saw it this morning all open and glowing, it looked very
	white with white beards. I looked up the pollen parent (ENGLISH
	COTTAGE) in the 1979 Checklist and it has very pale plicating
	if violet, etc.

	I know the cold weather we have here does make some colors very
	vibrant *but* do I have IMMORTALITY or an imposter? :)

	Crimson leaves blanket the mountains on a glorious, crisp
	autumn day. Time to plant more bulbs.....

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3