Re: Book of the week

From: RYFigge@aol.com

 I would like to take  exception to Bill Shear's "Book of the week" being  an
autobiog of Fred Allen.  --  on the other hand, maybe it merits "a week" , and
my nomination would be for a much longer  period,  - say the life of iris-
gardening and that is Bill's book "The Gardener's Iris Book"  I have just
acquired it and it tells you everything you wanted to do but afraid to ask,
sort of  "an iris book for dummies"  but it also answers the needs of long-
time gardeners.   I haven't had time to really give it a proper review, maybe
this has been done before I "joined"iris-talk --(as of last night).  However
the photographs are superb, the text is to the point and  so cleverly asisted
with small detailed photographs  focused on the  text suubject and the
drawings (etchings?)  are beautiful and clear, worthy of being wall-hangings.
The answers for the expert and amateur, add it for Santa's list!   You'll
refer to it more often than to an autobiog -- borrow  that from the library -
you need to own this iris book to  absorb it bit by bit. Rosalie - near