Re: OT:CHAT: Clarifying the language barrier

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Amy wrote:
>Hmm... Dead horse rhymes with tomato sauce?    If you spell and
>pronounce it as "hoss", perhaps.  We do this in the South and the West
of the United States.

Risking a good rap on the knuckles from John here:
Try 'sorce' and 'horse'(like a horse is a horse, of course of course - I
hope you don't say of coss?)
A stubby is a short bottle of beer. Not sure about the echo though?
'She'll be jake' means everything will be O.K.
Don't know where the last comes from, but Paul must be a bit too young,
or too well brought up.
Cheers, Jan (Who doesn't talk like that at all)