Re: OT-Iris Hybridizer/Speaker Survey

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 9/26/1998 12:33:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Pooreplace@aol.com writes:

<< We would like to hear who you all think are the "Top 3" speakers in terms
 Iris hybridizing willing to go speak around the country if invited.   >>

As you may know, we had a Japanese Iris Symposium last year, and so two of the
speakers that were there that you don't mention are:

John Coble (Ensata Gardens - ensata@aol.com) - we've had him speak at both a
regional and club level as well and he's excellent.

Chad Harris - not on e-mail that I'm aware of.  An excellent speaker and a
very discriminating hybridizer.

Tony Huber spoke also.... he is from Quebec and has a charming French accent.
His forte is wide-crosses of things like sibtosas and versicolor.

Other speakers I've enjoyed

Bill Maryott... if you can get him to speak, he's wonderful.  He has
'retired', but is worth coaxing, IMHO

and I guess the rest are already on your list....

Kathy Guest in East Aurora, NY who has to manage TWO gigs today... this
morning is Bagels and Botany for the Botanical Gardens, which is comprised of
breakfast, a tour and then a feeding frenzy of cuttings and divisions from the
collection..... and then I'm to travel down the road about 60 miles and try to
stimulate interest in getting an iris club started - yikes