Re: OT-SA/REB Sutton's Success in OKC

From: RYFigge@aol.com

George Sutton gives a great talk on irises.  We had him  as a speaker  at the
national RIS  meeting in '97.  Mike Lowe started us out with  rebloomers of
the PAST showing slides from their HIPS collection and how rebloomers got
started;  Ginny Spoon took up the  "baton"  amd carried on with those of the
PRESENT with slides of the beautiful rebloomers of today; and George carried
on for the FUTURE  with the coming reblooming possibilities for the space
ager.  As you might have gathered, the day's subject was PAST, PRESENT, and
FUTURE and I still hear about what a great program  each speaker gave.  I
heartily recommend each one for those looking for speakers.   And ISTANBUL has
been a good reliable rebloomer among many others for me and  George does
wonderful reblooming hybridizing and his catalog (so far) is one of the few
that gives information to the buyer about what MAY rebloom in the buyers'
area.
Others will soon follow suit now that the new CUMULATIVE CHECK LIST FOR
REBLOOMING IRISES is available from Charlie Brown, 3114 So. FM 131, Denison,
TX, 75020.  ($13.00 in country - $16.00 overseas -)  Rosalie   in the
Baltimore area