Re: Silverado/speakers/Kasperek???

From: Pooreplace@aol.com

Hi y'all...

Carryl in Montana writes:
>Glad to see someone other than me has trouble growing SILVERADO...

Now don't think SILVERADO can't be grown in Oklahoma!  Everyone else here
seems to grow it fine & gets Queen of the Show with it.... and frequently!
When it does survive for me (never more than part of a season) I take in a
stalk that looks alot closer to BLUE MOONLIGHT at rebloom time.  Twas about a
15 inches tall with 2 open spaced very closely together.   (Thought it was a
nice IB or would have never cut it if I thought that had been my version of
SILVERADO!)   Then it died.  And be advised when it did bloom like that it
only bloomed once!  The other 3 times I gave it a shot it died right away.   I
picked up a nice rhizome of SILVERADO again last week at the sale & didn't
waste time killing it off at my place first.  Sent it off to live with a good
friend I work with who will no doubt have six glorious stalks of it next
spring!    hahaha, but true!

Thanks Carryl for the Chad Harris info!  Will add this to my speaker list
info.  Have already had 3 or 4 good feedbacks so far & hope for several more!
Thanks to all who have helped & those of you who haven't please do!

I'm working on the Iris Catalog updates (just got the old '95 list in from
John Jones) & am noticing a couple of folks on old list that have moved away
right off the bat.  I know SOMEWHERE I have their new addresses but have no
clue where they are...  So mayhaps you all out there can help!!!   PAUL BLACK
is in his new place up there in Iris Heaven already.  Does anyone have all the
address/PO Box/phone # info etc???

Also, BRAD KASPEREK moved up north from South Jordan Utah & I don't have that
new address either!  Boy will I be glad when new AIS Membership roster comes
out.  I am just lost without it!

Thanks for the assistance. You can send addresses to me directly:

Kathy Poore,  OKC, OK