From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Carryl Meyer wrote:

> Glad to see that someone other than me has trouble growing Silverado--a new
> start will usually bloom here the first year--color is 'blurk'--or
> 'gramad'--grayed, muddy, etc- not theclean pristine color as elsewhere--by
> the next year it is saying--I do not like it here, I am going to fade
> away--and the third year it is gone!  I have tried three starts from three
> different geographic areas with no luck--even the one in our  'Dykes Row'
> in the club garden is not doing too well--thought it might be the cold
> here--guess it doesn't like the heat in the mid-west either

	SILVERADO bloomed for me for the first time in five years last
spring.  Two stalks were outstanding, and two seed pods were set.

	HONKYTONK BLUES has never bloomed for me, and I still have one
plant of it that must be eight to ten years old now.  How long should I
keep it, or is it time to discard?

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 104o yesterday; 100o today with no rain since
early August...Georges, you are welcome here!