Hey, hey, hey!!  Don't be cruel!
SILVERADO is healthy, vigorous, and floriferous here in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.  And, it has one of the most gorgeous (!!!!!!) flowers in the garden.  My clump had four stalks and 12 increase this spring, after the first year clump had 2 stalks and seven increase, and then got robbed of several increase when the local chapter of the FFA needed iris rhizomes for a silent auction at the Mineral County Fair last August.
Whenever you get the chance to donate iris to a good cause, do it.  Next week half a dozen rhizomes will be one of the many items in the silent auction for the Apple Harvest Festival in Burlington, W. Va., whcih will benefit the Burlington Children's Home.  Tall beardeds are perfect for this kind of auction, because they are so so tolerant of all kinds of mishandling while they are out of the ground;  they can sit out of a hot table in full sunshine for two or three days and the new owner can take them home and put them in the garage for two weeks, and they still do great when they finally make contact with the soil again.  Then, when they bloom in the spring, little virus particles are ejected from the blossoms, they infect all susceptible humans who see the flowers, and WHAM, iris fever strikes, and another family of irisarians is made....
My most cherished seedpod this summer came from SILVERADO X LION'S SHARE; hoping for a light yellow or cream with Silverado's magnificent form complemented by the even huskier growth and perfect stalks from Lion's Share.  Actually, from what little I know about iris genetics, the reverse cross might be even more likely to yield what I desire (in terms of iris, at least...).  The seedlings perhaps draw slightly more influence from the female parent in terms of plant habits, for the female's mitochondrial DNA (or RNA?) contribute toward the stalwart nature of the offspring, and the male parent has a slight edge in effecting the flower form and color of the next generation.  Right, wrong, or half-right?
Honesty does force me to admit this:  the SILVERADO flourishing in my garden is the second one I introduced to my clay soil.  The first one was a mushy mess its first and only spring.
Last time I asked folks for their recommendations for the 'bluest' blue Siberian.  Thanks for all the replies.  Everyone picked a different cultivar.  Viva la..