From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Kathy Guest wrote:
>2)  The other school of thought is that a non-blooming iris is a
>direct challenge. .......(snip).....Of course... if you were a
>non-iris gardener, you'd probably not even notice.
I know people who have irises growing in shady cottage gardens, who have
probably never thought about whether these leafy things have flowers or
>The longest non-bloomer in my garden was 8 years..... it was Kahili -
and when it finally DID bloom, it was the most godless, butt-ugly thing
I'd ever seen.
It might make a nice (ugly) contrast to Barry Blyth's new introduction
My SILVERADO is a good big healthy plant, which looks like flowering
this season. Trouble is, it has no increase whatsoever! Barry Blyth's
DIVINE DUCHESS, a similar looking iris, has grown amazingly fast from
two tiny rz's so may have to fill that colour niche in my garden.
Cheers, Jan Clark