Re: OT-Bio: Linda Mann

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: OT-Bio: Linda Mann
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:15:39 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

> I thought you must have given up in disgust after
> the devestation of last winter.
> Cheers, Jan Clark

About did.  Two years in a row was too much.  But as you can see, have
found new ways to entertain myself with irises.  And some of my own
crosses from last year are growing like weeds and they are from some
good performers here.  It's nice to come back to a bunch of posts about
'Silverada' not doing well in other parts of the country.  I think it
must be another one allergic to mid-continental roller coaster freezes
and needing near perfect drainage.  I haven't killed it yet, but have
had stunted stalks and muddy bloom.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA