Re: CULT: SILVERADO, HONKYTONK BLUES, SONG OF NORWAY, DUSKY CHALLENGER

From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, wstone wrote:

> From: "wstone" <wstone@volcano.net>
>
> Walter;   you have left Honky-Tonk Blues get to comfortable. Before
> getting rid of it try ( pruning ) moving it, or just lift it and move
> it over a couple of inches.
> wstone@volcano.net
> Stone,s Iris Garden
> 23801 Shake Ridge
> Volcano, Ca. 95689    3500' zone 7 Sierra Nevada        55 miles SE
> Sacramento, California

	This piece of HTB has grown in two gardens and has occupied two
different spots in the second garden.  It was doused with alfalfa twice
last year and absolutely refuses to grow, so......SONG OF NORWAY grew
fantastically in my first Mississippi garden and produced show stalks
every year.  It was moved into the second garden where it sulked for two
years.  Last year it was moved and doused with alfalfa; now, it has
decided to grow.  That piece of SILVERADO(A) was given the same treatment
and finally produced the Dy(u)kes' medal stalks it is noted for.  To end
this with the Dy(u)kes' medalists DUSK(T)Y CHALLENGER is never a problem
locally.

	If you were confused by the above parentheses:

	SILVERADA

	Duke's Medal

	DUSTY CHALLENGER

	Walter Moores