CULT: Verbena in Iris Beds.

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

>  I know we've talked about this before, and forgive me for not paying
> attention, but I would like some suggestions on plants that I can grow in
> Iris beds.
> I know that you aren't supposed to let the rhizomes get too covered up,
> what can I do? I also thought the Verbenum would add color during the
> season. Any suggestions?
     I don't know what others may have told you, but I would be a bit
careful with this.  Although these Verbenas are pretty, they can grow thick
on occasion.  The major concern would be to have the Verbena covering the
Iris rhizomes during a wet cloudy spell.  Then, it could lead to rot.  If
others have succeeded with this, I would like to hear of it.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.