Re: Cultivar-specific Black thumbs (was Silverado/speakers/Kasperek???)

From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>

Kathy Poore writes:
>Now don't think SILVERADO can't be grown in Oklahoma!  Everyone else here
>seems to grow it fine & gets Queen of the Show with it.... and frequently!

Kathy, I am death to -- of all things -- TITAN'S GLORY. Can you believe
that? Every start I get of TG dies, or else tries so hard to die I get sick
of looking at it. And TG is not a hard plant to grow, right?

Confession time: Does anyone else out there routinely kill one specific
famously good garden iris? I think to qualify as a Black Thumb for such a
plant, you must have tried to grow it at least twice and failed.

celia
mailto:storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons