Re: Cultivar-specific Black thumbs

From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, celia storey wrote:

> Confession time: Does anyone else out there routinely kill one specific
> famously good garden iris? I think to qualify as a Black Thumb for such a
> plant, you must have tried to grow it at least twice and failed.
>
> celia
> mailto:storey@aristotle.net
> Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
	Forgive me, Celia, for I have sinned in killing BATIK at least
five times.  I have tried it in two gardens in this state and have never
had it last more than a few months.  Needless to say, I don't try to grow
it anymore.  Unlike HONKYTONK bLUES, I have given up on BATIK.

	In the Louisiana category, I have managed to kill TWIRLING
BALLERINA three times.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (Sending an invitation to Georges to come on up
and stay for a spell)