Re: Iris companions

From: moonsage@direct.ca

The last house we lived in had some nice Iris beds with marigolds,
calendula and blue flax growing amongst them. After our first summer
there I discovered that all the other flowers were self sown, and they
kept on being there for years. The Irises all did very well with that
arrangement.this was in a Zone 6A in Central BC, Canada

At our new home, this is our first summer here, the Irises are in beds a
the top of a rock wall, and are surrounded by herbs, russian sage and
alyssum. They all flowered and did well. I moved out a very tall TB
because of wind damage but all the rest I have left where they are
because they did so well. Of course I added a few others to the
bed...including some that I brought from our last home and some lovely
IB's from Chuck Chapman. (Xanthipe's Halo, Bravo, Moss Bay, to name a
few.) He gave me two extras that I'm waiting to see next year....Cream
Pixie and Helga's Hat.

Sharron
---
Where the weather is still sensational, the Stella D'oros are still
blooming, so are all the roses!! Zone 5, BC