From: koekkoek@dordt.edu (Arnold Koekkoek)

I must add to the 4 steps outlined by irisborer (Kathy Guest) regarding
tolerating non-bloom in a rhizome?  Step 3 must include more than a mere
shaking of the shovel, or perhaps this could become a new stop 4, thus
lengthening the years of grade.  There must be a clear confrontation:
"If ya don't bloom, I'm gonna dump ya!"  THEN, the next year you DO
IT!!!!  There could also be an intermediate threat-followed-
by-action:  "If ya don't bloom this year, I'll stick ya in the back row
of the garden, where nobody will ever admire anything ya do!!!@!  Both
have been known to work.  In either case, Kathy's right.  You have to
show them who's boss.

Arnold, in NW Iowa where it would be nice to have some good rains before
we have to go into winter, which season I'm trying not to think about.
Arnold Koekkoek (koekkoek@dordt.edu)  Ph. (712)722-6262
Adjunct Professor of History          Home Ph. (712)722-0724
Dordt College
Sioux Center, IA 51250