Thank you all for the uplifting advisees regarding LA ,and the possibility of growing them with reasonably success in Denmark, I think the question concerning the amount of warm weather- to trick the plant into flowering- is quite possible, I looking forward to buy some good hybrids next year.
Regarding species from China I can say that it is a very reliable source we get our plants from. I have already grown a still unnamed species this year with a small flower, and I have not found any written documentation to support that it should be a identified species.
I will receive several  of the extreme rare species , plus some still unnamed sp., early in October. I hope to get the pictures on Internet next year. Also in 99 I am going to China for 2 weeks , specially for planthunting together with our Chinese supplier.
Jan Jacobsen -Denmark