Low Ho Silver & others

Nice to have others saying that they killed off certain Iris--here I was blaming it on our crazy weather and lack of snow cover during a freeze-thaw cycle.
Three years ago I had three clumps of Low Ho Silver---treated all the same--one on side terrace (no longer alive) one in low garden around patio--lousy drainage, low ground, always wet--& LHS is growing like a weed there!!!!!!! Other one in raised bed with 'specials' getting extra TLC,feedings etc--just limping along now-----so-- who knows why one place is better than others--
I still think that if a clump does not do well for three years, pitch it and try one from another source--some rhizomes are just not good ones.
Thanks for the source of acronyms--I am collecting them for grandaughters--their keyboard class is doing a project on them--
As for buying the checklists and other lists from AIS--YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER--just find a Bulletin and order them--they are really worth the money--and you will learn a lot more from them than just the color description.

If you have to drive an hour to an Iris meeting--why not? Many people will drive that far to go to a movie--go out to eat, etc--make an occassion of it and take a friiend (personally I drive 2 1/2 hours ( 127 miles) to Dahlia club meetings and enjoy the quiet time and scenery changing through the year)
Carryl in Western Montana--now in mid 70's and no frost for at least a week!!!