Re: Newbie Question on new Irises

From: Sey12@aol.com

Hi Folks-
This is Suzanne in zone 5, Illinois and I'm wondering if any of you can tell
me anything about the 6 new Irises I just planted.  I won't be able to see
them bloom until next year and would like to know if I have good ones or duds.
My favorite local nursery is only offering 10 different Irises this year and I
purchased 6 of them.  And unfortunately, of the 6, only one,  'Edith Wolford,'
is mentioned in the only Iris book I have (the Grosvenor book), and even then,
the only information offered is:  "has yellow standards and violet-blue

I'm definitely going to have to get some catalogs for a better selection.  In
the meantime, the 6 I have are:

China Dragon
Edith Wolford
Chinese Treasure
Study in Black

I hope at least some of these are real beauties!