Re: OT: Let us know/ Georges

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> Louisiana west of the Mississippi faired well because we were not on the
> windward side which is the northeast side of the storm.  In Lake Charles,
the
> skies were clear and blue and temperature reasonable for this time of
year.
> Brisk breeze for two days.  All and all we are high and dry.

Robert,
     It sounds like you got less of it than we have been getting the last
few hours.  Some rain bands with lower end tropical storm force winds have
been moving through this area.  Earlier this afternoon, there were some
higher gusts, but they lasted only a few minutes.
     How did New Orleans fare?  One fellow on another list there is fine,
but what about Patrick O'Connor?  I have a Daylily friend in New Orleans,
and have been unable to reach her.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.	[Rain, wind gusts to 45 MPH, small twister in area
earlier.]