REB: I'm so excited!

From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com

Hi all -
 I am so excited about this!! Please excuse me but I've never had an Iris
rebloom before!!

 I was out cleaning up my flower beds, before we go out of town, and I have
been carefully checking on the progress of my newly planted Iris. About 4 days
ago I had noticed that IMMORTALITY was looking kind of sad and I was wondering
if it was even going to live. When I checked on them last night, there is a
good foot long stalk coming out of this same IMMORTALITY!! So far, it only
looks to have 2 or 3 buds on it but I couldn't believe it! This plant has only
been in the ground for about 6 weeks. I know that it is a good rebloomer but I
really didn't expect to see anything until next year. It was such a small,
pitiful looking rhizome when I planted it.

 Is this a common thing to happen with this particular plant? Like I said,
I've never had an Iris rebloom for me so I wasn't sure. But I am so

Thanks for letting me gush!
Joni in GA
who didn't get much rain from Georges but is pleased to have what we got!