articles | gallery of plants | blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
First open-source seeds released!

International Garden Photographer of the Year winners

Many gardeners attribute success to luck, not skill

Big, old trees make great carbon sinks

Tomato gene tweaked to lengthen growing season

Emerald ash borer may have predator

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Albizia distachya

Hello all,
       Today i gathered the seeds from an Albizia distachya i saw growing
right up against and abandoned building today on Ft. Ord. I'm wondering,
what are the requirements for the seeds to get them to germinate? I've
seen maybe three of these plants naturalized around here (one seems to
have upped and died), and they dont seem to go wild like the Acacias can
and so. But, i'm mostly interested in the plant for the leaves (a nice
dark green color).

Thanks for the help

This ain't a yes, this ain't a no, just do your thang, we'll see how it
goes