articles | gallery of plants | blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
First open-source seeds released!

International Garden Photographer of the Year winners

Many gardeners attribute success to luck, not skill

Big, old trees make great carbon sinks

Tomato gene tweaked to lengthen growing season

Emerald ash borer may have predator

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Felco vs. Corona

Coronas are fine for most tasks and are particulary suited for a neophyte
gardener.  But for any extensive pruning, you couldn't dislodge my Felcos
for any amount of money or pruner.  If I am going to be pruning for a
morning or an afternoon, it has been my experience that only the Felcos will
insure I don't have blisters or hand cramps the next day.  Even tossing the
ergonomic grip of the Felco aside (which in an hour becomes appreciably more
important), the mere fact of a bumper on the Felco, vs. none on the Corona,
means my hand will suffer much less shock over the course of several hundred
cuts.

I'm a Felco fan through and through.  My only regret is that I've lost (read
"had stolen") four pairs of number 8's and, am, in fact, right now getting
ready to buy yet another pair.  I won't be without them.