Från: Geoff Stanford <gstanf@swbell.net>
Till: prairie@mallorn.com <prairie@mallorn.com>
Datum: den 22 december 1998 02:33
Ämne: Re: Pale Indian Plantain -ethnobotanical info ? try this:

Paul Olson:   according to my O E D , 1961 reprint of 1933 edn, p 951ff, the word was first used botanically in 1265 a.d., in England, but does not say what herb it applies to there
Where are you growing it?   We have here, in Dallas Tx,  C. plantaginea (aka. tuberosa).  Your C. atri- is not listed in our Tx reference Correll & Johnston, altho Flora of the Great Plains says it is growing in this region, but I have not seen it yet.   For me  C. tub. needs continually damp soil.  Would you like to swap seeds?
Geoff       gstanf@swbell.net   Dallas Nature Center  7171 Mountain Creek Pkwy  DS  TX  75249-1159