articles | gallery of plants | blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
First open-source seeds released!

International Garden Photographer of the Year winners

Many gardeners attribute success to luck, not skill

Big, old trees make great carbon sinks

Tomato gene tweaked to lengthen growing season

Emerald ash borer may have predator

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Running Vines

This is my first year growing. My plants are finally starting to vine out. (I
started a little late) I hope this question is not too obvious, but I hear
people talk about running the vine in a flag pattern or a Christmas tree
pattern. What exactly is this? Am I to zig zag the vine across my patch?  I am
not sure how to run the vine to make the best use of space. I have about 4-500
square feet and my patch is not symmetrical. Can I make tight turns with the
vine? Any help here will be appreciated.

Brian Landreville
Seattle, Wa