Sony scientist 3D-prints gardens

Inside theft of world's rarest water lily

Ash borers targeting other ash family members

Record-setting 2096-lb pumpkin grown in Switzerland

16 year-old girls increase crop production 74%

First open-source seeds released!

RSS story archive

Running Vines

This is my first year growing. My plants are finally starting to vine out. (I
started a little late) I hope this question is not too obvious, but I hear
people talk about running the vine in a flag pattern or a Christmas tree
pattern. What exactly is this? Am I to zig zag the vine across my patch?  I am
not sure how to run the vine to make the best use of space. I have about 4-500
square feet and my patch is not symmetrical. Can I make tight turns with the
vine? Any help here will be appreciated.

Brian Landreville
Seattle, Wa