articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Sony scientist 3D-prints gardens

Inside theft of world's rarest water lily

Ash borers targeting other ash family members

Record-setting 2096-lb pumpkin grown in Switzerland

16 year-old girls increase crop production 74%

First open-source seeds released!

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Re: Dividing asparagus

Hello Barb,

Asparagus is not too difficult to divide. If you have mature plants, when
you dig them up you'll see lots of little "crowns" with their roots all
intertwined. If you break one or two, it's not a big deal. However,
sometimes soaking the root mass in water for a few minutes will allow them
to untangle without so much breakage. Just gently pull the crowns apart.
Also, if you're not going to plant them right away, you can store the
crowns dry and cool for a few days to a week.

Cindy in TX, Z8/9