Dry/wet cycles help pitcher plants catch more prey

RSS story archive

Re: Dividing asparagus

Hello Barb,

Asparagus is not too difficult to divide. If you have mature plants, when
you dig them up you'll see lots of little "crowns" with their roots all
intertwined. If you break one or two, it's not a big deal. However,
sometimes soaking the root mass in water for a few minutes will allow them
to untangle without so much breakage. Just gently pull the crowns apart.
Also, if you're not going to plant them right away, you can store the
crowns dry and cool for a few days to a week.

Cindy in TX, Z8/9