Re: Amorphophallus question

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus question
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 08:58:19 -0500 (CDT)

Yup, this happens in some species, especially in seedlings. It is a good
sign and tells you the plant is happy. Don't forget though that at some
moment you'll have to refresh the soil and the moment a new shoot appears is
a good moment because older roots are now dying down and new ones are still
vigorous enough to survive a repotting (which should NOT be too rigorous, so
don't start flushing the roots clean with water or like methods).

For potting mix I'd go for a humus-rich one if you have no clue of its