Re: A. wentii, and pothos blooms

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: A. wentii, and pothos blooms
  • From: Aroideae@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:55:41 -0500 (CDT)

dear peter,

I do believe i have Epipremnum aureum in my yard near Tampa, FL and it did
indeed flower when quite large.  This is the plant that is always called
'golden pothos' here.  In some winters, it's quite a bit colder here than in
miami so i was quite surprised to see it bloom!  It's not a 'recorded
sighting', so i guess i'll have to send you a pickled inflorescence next time
it flowers.

lynn

<< Eric

 Epipremnum aureum very seldom flowers in cultivation. To my knowledge there
 are four recorded flowerings.

 Pete

 ps the giant that Julius and I collected in Monroe's garden was the related
 Amydrium zippellianum.