Hybrids

Dear Aroiders,

    There is no problem in hybridize plants. They do it all the time in
nature! The main problem is that they don't tell us. We, the taxonomists,
are always trying to explain the diversity like we were living in a
completely Darwinist world. Reticulation (a beautiful name for the
promiscuity in plants) is a real thing. Even without curious hybrid-nuts,
plant taxonomy would be already in a mess because of free love in nature.
People just make it faster!

                             Cheers,
                          Eduardo.

P.S. Believe me, I am a plant taxonomist too!