Re: Amorpho. abyssinicus

  • Subject: Re: Amorpho. abyssinicus
  • From: Bruno Matter <Bruno.Matter@unibas.ch>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:22:49 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Julius

lets get things straight

the Amorphophallus cf. abyssinicus B. was collected from Matyas Buzgo in
1996 (*Kamerun, Oku-Elak, Lowland Forest Patches, 6,15N, 10,29E, Alt.
1900m)

I remember that he has sent some bulbs to Wilbert Hetterscheid as well,
maybe it flowers or has been identified already in Leiden???

Of course I have the Amorphophallus Edition of Aroideana, which is a
great help, but there are moments when I dream about a 600-page
Amorphophallus Monograph with color drawings and geographical and
artificial keys. Anyone working on it???

Greetings
Bruno