Re: The Tropical Plants of R. Burle Marx

  • Subject: Re: The Tropical Plants of R. Burle Marx
  • From: Dan Levin <levin@pixar.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:24:51 -0600 (CST)

Jim & Rob, et al:

I emailed Harri Lorenzi back in January at <hlorenzi@plantarum.com.br>
He responded in short & referred me to the web page  www.plantarum.com.br
for ordering, which I did.  My copy of the book (which is rather nice, btw)
arrived in great condition approx.  8 weeks later.
My 2 worth: No pun intended, but plantarum.com.br is NOT amazon.com.
My sense is Harri's pretty much running a one man shop and if he happens
to be in the field doing research for his next book...  well, you just might not
get an immediate response.  Eduardo Goncalves would know better about this.

Also- you're right Jim, their server is not secure.  I took a chance but opted
to use a credit card which expires soon just in case.  And for the record, I've
had no unauthorized purchases posted to my account since then BUT shortly
after ordering I started getting some interesting spam in a language I'm not
particularly fluent in.  For me it was worth the risk, but caveat emptor!