Anthurium questions

  • Subject: Anthurium questions
  • From: Adam Black <epiphyte1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:30:00 -0500 (CDT)

I bought a neat little Anthurium over the weekend at Tropiflora labeled
Anthurium rezedolskii. I can not find any reference to anything even
similar to the species name anywhere I have looked. Does anyone have any
information on this plant, such as growing requirements, habitat, etc? I
will try to borrow the digital camera from work this weekend and will
email photos to anyone who wants to try to identify it visually,
assuming this is an incorrect name.

Another Anthurium I saw there, but did not buy was labeled Anthurium
faustinomirandae. I can not find this species mentioned anywhere either.
Any info on this species would be appreciated as well.

One other question: Is Anthurium radicans apomictic?

Not an aroid question, but I would like to hear from anyone (off list,
of course) who has experience growing and propagating the beautiful
bromeliad-like Cochliostema sp.

Adam Black