Amorphophallus konjac, multiple buds

  • Subject: Amorphophallus konjac, multiple buds
  • From: ". ." <iamwhatiam52@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:59:30 -0500 (CDT)

I have a thirty pound A. konjac bulb (tuber?  corm?) whose flowering tip was
damaged.  It now has half a dozen growing tips emerging.  I am concerned
that if they are all allowed to grow, I will end up with many smaller bulbs
instead of one huge one.   Would cutting out all but one bud prevent this?
Any experts out there have some advice for me?
Mitch Alvo