Dead Horses?

  • Subject: Dead Horses?
  • From: "James W. Waddick" <jwaddick@kc.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:04:20 -0500 (CDT)

Dear all;
	Way back in Jan 1997, Rob McClure ( I believe)donated and
with the help of Mary Sizemore ?? arranged for a distribution of
small tubers of Helicodiceros musciverous. My old mail shows delivery
went to 15 in the US and a few more in other countries.
	Last year I prompted some email as I unpotted my plant and
sent out a few small tubers. I repotted the biggest and kept it frost
free in a greenhouse.

	I am expecting bloom for the first time. The very strangely
shaped 'bent-horn' of the tightly rolled spathe is emerging and about
8 inches long on top of the foliage.

	Should I invite or warn my neighbors?

	Also curious if any of the other 15++ have had bloom or the
others? Is mine the first to pop?

	Best		Jim W.

Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.