RE: Amorpholphallus titanum pollen request

  • Subject: RE: Amorpholphallus titanum pollen request
  • From: StroWi@t-online.de (StroWi)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:53:24 -0500 (CDT)

My dear Lord,

you have my full compasion in your desperation about these units dating back probably to the mediaeval ages. Or are they even of celtic ???

However, dear Lord, maybe I can give a rough idea about stones.
About two decades ago I was run over by a mastiff dog; luckily not attacked, since it was just a puppy of about one year.
This dog weight 10 stone seven, that was and is converted to kg about 67 kg!!! (If i remember it correctly ... or was it rather the weight that dog would reach, when grown up? Can't remember exactly..) I gues the seven of the 10 stone seven was some kind of lb; no idea, if imperial, american or celtic lbs. And, if I am not wrong again, 12 lbs made up one of these stones.

So my dear Lord, did you get it?

But surely some US aroider, faintly acquainted with the decimal/metric system will bring some light into this darkness.

With deep sympathy,
Bernhard.
(grown up with the decimal and metric system and probably too simple minded to see through these other systems :-( .......)