Re: Albino Anchomanes

  • Subject: Re: Albino Anchomanes
  • From: "Kathy Kempf" <wont_read101@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:23:28 -0500 (CDT)

At last!  An aroid topic!  I love the ongoing measurement thread, but have
something for this:

A also do hybridizing (strictly amateur) and have come across this in
numerous species: hemerocallis, rosa, dianthus, and lagerstroemeria, off the
top of my heads.  One possible hypothesis: I have only had these
difficulties when attempting to cross multi-hybrid parent with multi-hybrid
parent.  Attempting to cross hybrid with species or species with species
have never had this occur. I have not as yet attempted to cross any aroids.
All aroids that I have germinated from seed (only 2 so far) have been
strictly species, and no others growing in vicinity that might