Re: Don Burns

  • Subject: Re: Don Burns
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:55:20 -0500 (CDT)

>It is with a considerable amount of grief and sadness that I inform
>you that shortly after 3 P.M on Saturday, April 27, 2002 that Don
>Burns passed away.  He is survived by his wife, Carol.  Don was a
>wonderful friend, a great contributor to this list and to the IAS.

I'm so saddened to hear of this.  It was Don who first recruited me
to join the Aroid list, the first listserv that I had ever joined.  I
had been posting to one of the newsgroups in search of information on
A. titanum and he wrote me privately to urge me to join the Aroid
List, specifically mentioning that the World Expert of Amorphophallus
was also a member (guess who?)

I certainly give him the credit for introducing me to all of you fine folks.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin