Re: Philodendron identification question.

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron identification question.
  • From: Neil Crafter <golfstra@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:27:29 -0500 (CDT)

Philodendron pastazanum (K.Krause) is a true species and the name is correct.
This plant is featured in the new book on the Tropical Plants of R.Burle Marx.
There is a description and photograph there. From the photograph it looks very
much like a plant I have that came from Michael Pascall and labelled as
P.plowmanii. Michael - any comments? Do you have this book? Its well worth
having as it has a big section on Philos, some 56 pages.
Neil Crafter
Adelaide, Australia.