[aroid-l] TitanWatch 4/23/03

  • Subject: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 4/23/03
  • From: "Craig Allen" callen@fairchildgarden.org
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:52:41 -0400

Dear Titan Fans,

Today Fairchild Garden authorized the purchase and installation of a good quality web-cam. I hope it is installed by this weekend, but there is so much going on at the Garden right now. In addition to the craziness that attends the blooming of possibly two Amorphophallus titanums, we have the Garden's Spring Sale this weekend. I still have to price all the little amorphophallus that are going out for the sale. When when when... I need two of me for just a few days.

My volunteer Shirley and I worked on the big display for the Titans. It is a pretty impressive botanical display. Where do you find three Amorphophallus gigas and two (I think) Amorphophallus titanums all blooming together. Until the web-cam is set up, you can see pictures on Fairchild Tropical Garden's web site at this link: http://www.ftg.org/blooms/amorphophallus2003.html

Today's Titan update:

Audrey III - 35"

Mr. Stinky - 26" Still no visible spathe or spadix

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road